Rambo: And don’t forget The Outlaw Josey Wales, another Eastwood Western.
That is supposed to be an excellent movie.
This is a list of his movies that I would classify as excellent:
- Unforgiven (nominated for Best Picture)
- Mystic River (nominated for Best Picture)
- Million Dollar Baby (nominated for Best Picture)
- Letters from Iwo Jima (nominated for Best Picture)
- Tarantula (early movie, little known)
- Escapade in Japan (early movie, little known)
- Where Eagles Dare (early movie, little known)
- A Fistful of Dollars (Dollars trilogy – spaghetti Westerns)
- For a Few Dollars More (Dollars trilogy – spaghetti Westerns)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Dollars trilogy – spaghetti Westerns)
- Richard Jewell (documentary)
- The Bridges of Madison County
- Space Cowboys
- J. Edgar
- Escape from Alcatraz
- Dirty Harry
- Coogan’s Bluff (western)
- The Beguiled (western)
- High Plains Drifter (western)
- Pale Rider (western)
- Kelly’s Heroes (western)
- Joe Kidd (western)
- Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
- Honkytonk Man (western)
- Thelonious Monk: Straight No Chaser (documentary)
- White Hunter Black Heart
- In the Line of Fire
- A Perfect World
- Grand Torino
- Kurosawa’s Way (documentary)
This is a list of his movies I would classify, as good but not excellent.
- Lady Godiva of Coventry
- Flags of Our Fathers
- Heartbreak Ridge
- The Eiger Sanction
- Any Which Way You Can
- Bronco Billy (western)
- Indian Horse
- The Mule
Everything else is a poor movie and I won’t list them unless you want me to.
Use the comments section to discuss any Clint Eastwood movies you wish. Keep in mind that he started out as an actor and later transitioned to director and producer. Many of his later works were directed and produced by his own production company.
Please follow and like us:
4 thoughts on “List of Good to Excellent Clint Eastwood Movies”
What’s the film where he says “old enough for kisses”?
Not sure lol.
I think Letters from Iwo Jima was the one I was trying to think of where alot of people were pissed at Eastwood for glossing over Japanese brutality towards prisoners of War during WWII, calling it pro-Japanese propaganda.
Ah, thanks for that one.