There probably wasn’t really any such thing as “Croatia” back then, but anyway, let us discuss what was happening in the territory we currently refer to as the nation of Croatia.
- What was the official language (Slavic)?
- What were the two other languages that were widely spoken everyone or nearly everyone along with the official one (both Slavic)?
- What was the language most commonly spoken by educated people, especially in cities? For instance, if you went into a bookstore in Zagreb, the books would mostly be in this language (non-Slavic)?
- What was the language of science and the ultra-elites? As an example of how this language was used, what was the official language for the Croatian Parliament? (non-Slavic)?
- What was the official religion?
Five questions, five whole questions, now hard could it be?
Have fun kids!