As it turns out, absolutely zero! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch!
1. Will the US default on its debt unless Congress raises the debt ceiling? 5
2. Will Medicare go broke unless it is dramatically overhauled (ie, destroyed)? 6
3. Will Social Security go broke unless changes are made (SS is destroyed)? 6
4. Will interest on the national debt drag the US into a recession? 6
5. If you radically cut government spending in a recession, will you get a double-dip recession or depression? 6
Austerity causes huge transfers of wealth to the very rich from everyone else. The very rich apparently think it’s worth it to crash the economy as long as they win the latest battle in the Class War.
6. Will huge spending cuts and austerity cause increases in the unemployment rate? 5
Let’s think this one over. Government spending is a full 2
Deficit reduction and austerity always causes recessions and depressions, like clockwork. Recessions and depressions are characterized by mass unemployment. Yes, mass cuts in government spending will lead to rapidly increasing unemployment. It’s an economic fact.
Moronicans get 0 for 6 on this Debt Test. That’s an F! I am not sure what it means. Maybe it means that most Moronicans are mentally retarded. But they could also be brainwashed. I cannot think of one single major media outlet, newspaper, newsmagazine, TV station or radio station, that is telling the truth about any of these questions with the exception of Question 1.
So the Moronican people are being lied to 24-7 by virtually the entire spectrum of US mass media, which, coincidentally, is all owned by the US elite plutocracy, the rich and the corporations. They’ve been lied to so much by rightwing media for over 30 years now that they are thoroughly confused about just about everything on this subject.
There are zero or nearly zero mass media outlets who are telling them the truth on these questions. If there’s no one out there to tell the truth to them, is it any wonder that they are hopelessly brainwashed and don’t have the slightest clue about the truth?