It’s hard to check out the latest edition of the MSM shitrags (daily newspapers and newsmagazines) or lying megaphones (radio and TV) without seeing or hearing some screaming stuff about deficits and debts. The stuff is quite dire. In 10 years, debt payments will constitute 80% of the US budget, leaving only 20% for military and all other spending. The only possible conclusion is that this is catastrophic.
However, being fed a steady diet of MSM shit sandwiches my whole life before I finally figured out what the Hell I was eating anyway, I figured these capitalist corporate POS scumbags were lying to me once again.
If a capitalist’s mouth is open, he’s probably lying. And so all capitalist societies are fanciful places where all the world’s a lie, and all of us are liars. We lie to go along with the liars, because everyone else is lying, and because we’re too brainwashed or confused to figure out we are being lied to. Such is the Gramscian dynamic when the capitalists obtain cultural hegemony, as they nearly always do under capitalism.
It is curious that defenders of capitalism, including regular commenters on this blog, never face this World O’ Lies head-on. So is it ok or what? I mean that living in a capitalist society is about as fanciful an experience as living in a state controlled by Communist propaganda. Capitalist versions of Pravda are replicated every minute across countless TV and radio stations and every corporate shitrag (daily paper and newsweekly) in the land. To say that they were “brainwashed” while we are free is the grossest of delusions, but it is essential to all capitalist societies.
Getting back to the deficit/debt hysteria, I had to search around to find some sane capitalists on the question. One of the evil things about capitalism is that under capitalism, the honest capitalists are rara avis. You really have to look around, as the capitalists try to lock out all the sane and decent voices. You know, just like those evil Commies do? So we spelunked the samizdats of Internet’s honeycombed caverns and came up with a couple of sane capitalists on the debt/deficit question.
Exhibit A: Paul Krugman.
Exhibit B: Martin Wolf.
Yeah, they’re both Jews. Liberal, capitalist Jews at that (No, wait! They must be Bolsheviks in disguise!).
Chew on that bone a bit, anti-Semites.
The depressing thing was that both of the sane people had dire messages. Those evil entitlement thingies, you know, like health care for the old and the poor and pensions for the retired, are gonna have to be slashed to the bone, their recipients cast to the desert winds so the vultures of capitalist society may pick clean their bones.
When even the sane people are channeling Edgar Allen Poe, you know that the horrorshow is the world outside your window, and the droogies are your fellow men.
So much for the end of history.